H Moser and Cie
The story of H. Moser & Cie. began in 1828 in St. Petersburg. Descended from a family of Swiss watchmakers, Heinrich Moser aspired to produce timepieces that would demonstrate quality craftsmanship and mechanisms of the highest standard. His business prospered and it took less than fifteen years for the much-respected Moser name to dominate the watch trade in Russia. Heinrich Moser died in 1874 and, with no heir willing to take the reins, the company was sold. The new management continued Moser's activity in Russia until forced to leave by the October Revolution in 1917. Operations continued in Le Locle, Switzerland, after 1953. In 1979 the Swiss watch industry was in turmoil and the company became part of the Dixi Mechanique Group. A new turning-point came in 2005, the bicentenary of Heinrich Moser's birth, when, with the backing of the Moser family, H. Moser & Cie. returned to the world watchmaking stage. A slew of innovations followed that earned the brand numerous distinctions. In 2012, the family-owned MELB Holding group acquired the company, beginning a new chapter in its history.Today's H. Moser & Cie. is an authentic Manufacture producing 1,200 watches a year and employing 55 staff. All its watches are developed and built in-house, and fitted with one of the eight HMC proprietary movements. The company's R&D division is behind innovations such as the interchangeable escapement module, the Double Pull Crown and the perpetual calendar month display. In addition to its own strategic industrial capacity, the Manufacture has the backing of sister company Precision Engineering AG, part of Moser Watch Holding, which develops, produces and assembles the parts for the escapement module. In complete command of every stage in development and manufacturing, H. Moser & Cie. continues to embody Heinrich Moser's entrepreneurial spirit and carries forward his visionary strategy and values.